Fifties-Style Salisbury Steak
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
What You'll Need:
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
1 pound ground beef
cup dry bread crumbs
cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish (optional)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine 1/4 cup soup, the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, the garlic powder, and pepper. Shape into firm patties.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook half the patties until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside; repeat procedure with remaining patties. Spoon off fat.
- In same skillet, mix together remaining soup, the milk, and mushrooms, then return patties to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes or until patties are cooked through and no pink remains, turning occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve.
- You can substitute 1 pound ground turkey for the beef but if you do, be sure to increase the bread crumbs to 1/2 cup.
- There is nothing that goes better with salisbury steak than mashed potatoes. Try a batch of our Classic Mashed Potatoes and smother them with the gravy from the salisbury steaks.
02 06 15