Irish Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
All eyes will be smiling, Irish or not, when we serve up this hearty Irish Beef Stew inspired by the classic tastes of the Emerald Isle. This all-in-one-pot meal cooks up to be weeknight or company special.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef or lamb stew meat
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) Guinness beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 celery stalks, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
What To Do:
In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Stir in stew meat and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned.
Stir in broth, beer, garlic, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, and onion; mix well then cook 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with water. Stir into stew, then cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
- Plus, if you really love this Irish Beef Stew, be sure to check out another Irish dinner recipe like our Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!