Lone Star Steak and Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Lone Star Steak and Potatoes uses a spice blend that adds a real kick of flavor to this all-in-one dinner dish. This is one hearty meal that'll bring all the cowboys and cowgirls to the dinner table!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 baking potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well. In a large bowl, combine olive oil and 2 teaspoons of spice mixture. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes; turn potatoes over and bake 15 more minutes, or until fork-tender and crispy. Cover with foil and place on bottom rack in oven.
- Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle steak on both sides with seasoning mixture. Place on a baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes; turn over and broil 4 to 5 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
If you have any leftover seasoning mix, store in an airtight container for later use.
- Top off this delicious, hearty meal with a cool and refreshing Berry Lemon Pie -- your gang will love it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!