Two-Step BBQ Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This lip smackin' Two-Step BBQ Chicken goes easily from our oven to our grill for a smoky flavored, moist and juicy way to have perfectly cooked barbecued chicken from the inside-out.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in sauce, finely chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Cook 45 to 55 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce mixture and grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken, brush again with sauce, and grill 5 additional minutes, or until chicken is crispy and sauce is caramelized.
- Weather not cooperating or just don't feel like using the grill? No problem! Simply slather this sauce on the baked chicken and place under the broiler for a few minutes, just until it begins to caramelize.
- For a whole bunch of great summer meal go-along ideas, check out our free eCookbook: Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes For Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad and More!
- Or, you can pair this recipe with one of our 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.