We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At Halloween, or anytime you're looking for a frightful treat, serve up this cake with a spiderweb design on it and get ready for all the screams! First they'll say, "OOH!!" and then they'll say, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.5-ounce) box chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
- 4 drops red food color
- 4 drops yellow food color
- 2 black jelly beans
- 1 tube black decorating gel or 1 string black licorice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray. Pour cake batter into pans and bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While still warm, invert one cake onto a serving platter. Top with mini marshmallows and place second cake layer right-side up over marshmallows. Let sit 5 minutes for marshmallows to melt then chill until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1-1/4 cups white frosting with red and yellow food colors until frosting is orange. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Place remaining white frosting into a resealable plastic storage bag. Cut a very small tip off corner of bag and pipe a spiderweb design on top of cake (see photo).
- Place a black jelly bean on spiderweb and draw legs with black gel or form them with licorice to look like a spider (see photo). Repeat with remaining jelly bean and gel to form a second spider.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!