My Husband's Shepherd's Pie
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 10 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 10 Min
Put those Idaho potatoes to good use by making this classic comfort recipe. Just don't be surprised when there aren't any leftovers. It's that good!
What You'll Need:
- 5 Idaho potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded carrots
cup beef broth
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
What To Do:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, boil potatoes about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain. Mash potatoes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef until no pink remains; drain off excess fat. Remove beef to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter; saute onions and carrots until tender. Add beef to skillet, then add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. Slowly stir in mixed vegetables until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining butter and the milk with the mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour contents of skillet into prepared casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes have begun to brown slightly. Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes before serving.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES