Skinny Pizza Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try this for a lighter version of homemade deep-dish pizza that's packed with flavor, minus the belly-busting guilt. Skinny Pizza Casserole is a super option for anyone watching their waistline.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (9.4-ounce) package precooked turkey sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 (8-ounce) package low-fat mozzarella cheese (12 slices)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat; add sausage, and mushrooms, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish. Line bottom of crust with 6 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture.
Bake uncovered 12 minutes. Top with remaining cheese slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is melted. Let sit 2 to 3 minutes, then slice and serve.
Trying to keep your New Year's resolution to eat lighter? Our Lighter Chicken and Dumplings will keep on tasty track!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.