We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Drink in the exciting flavor when you add a bit of tropical tasting rum to our "Drunken" Chicken recipe. This lively easy main dish meal suits a weeknight as well as company!
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-½ pounds), flattened to ½-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cream of coconut
What To Do:
Place chicken in a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove chicken from marinade reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream of coconut. Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened; serve over chicken.
Feel free to substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum extract for the rum.
We like to serve this with a side of wild rice.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- This recipe was also one of our Top 10 TV Recipes of 2012! Check out the rest here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!