Cherry Surprise Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 2 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Not only is the center of each cookie a surprise, but our recipe for Cherry Surprise Cookies is also surprisingly simple, too! These are the perfect cookie jar treat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dozen candied cherries (see Options)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls then press a cherry into the center of each. Reshape each into a ball, completely covering the cherries.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes then cool on wire racks.
You can substitute dates, almonds, or walnuts for the candied cherries and surprise your gang every time you make these cookies.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!