Chocolate and Pistachio Dipped Cranberry Shortbreads
- 2 dozen
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Courtney, from Columbus, Ohio developed these cookies with a recipe in mind that everyone could agree on. The zest of the orange with the crunch of the pistachio and sweetness of the chocolate is a combination that will surely bring everyone together!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest from one orange
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
cup pistachios, rough chopped
What To Do:
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, salt, and sugar about 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Add the flour and beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms. With mixer on low speed, add cranberries, orange zest and orange juice.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten cookies into 1-inch-thick rounds with bottom of a small glass, dipping in sugar to prevent sticking.
- Place pans in freezer 30 minutes before baking (see Note). Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are very light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals until smooth. Place chopped pistachios in a small bowl. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess, sprinkle with pistachios, and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Do not skip freezing the cookies before baking; otherwise the cookies will spread too far.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 16 14