Half Moon Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Practically every bakery has these cookies they call either Black and Whites or Half Moons. No matter what they're called, what makes these so good is that you don't have to decide if you want chocolate icing or vanilla, 'cause each cookie has both!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (see Note)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
To make chocolate half moon cookies, simply use chocolate cake mix instead of white.
This recipe is from Mr. Food T.V. Favorites. For more information about this book and other recipes like this, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.