Peaches Foster Shortcake
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
What You'll Need:
cup packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
pound ripe fresh peaches, sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
cup rum or orange juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
6 large biscuits (see Note)
1 cup whipped cream
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly, stirring constantly. Add peaches and stir gently until peaches just begin to feel tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a cup, combine rum and cornstarch; stir mixture into peaches. Cook and stir until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 biscuit on each of 6 dessert plates. Split biscuits crosswise and spoon half the peach mixture evenly over the bottoms. Replace the biscuit tops and spoon the remaining peach filling over them. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- Use prepared refrigerated biscuits, or make your own by mixing 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/4 cups heavy cream. Knead and divide into 6 balls. On a cookie sheet, pat each to form a 2-1/2- to 3-inch round. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F. until tops are golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Wanna know what else you can do with all the luscious peaches in the markets now? Try our Cookie Peach Cobbler for another tasty option!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 19 14