Lean & Mean Pasta Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lighten up with this hearty Lean & Mean Pasta Skillet that's packed with leaner yet flavorful ingredients and served over a bed of whole grain pasta. This is a no-sacrifice main dish you'll love.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound whole grain angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
What To Do:
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook sausage, bell pepper, and garlic 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is browned, breaking up meat as it cooks. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir the basil into the sauce and serve over the pasta.
Our Bean Trio salad is a tasty and healthy complement to this dish.
Who doesn't like a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese over most any pasta dish?! And if you like your sausage a little spicier, feel free to use hot turkey sausage.
- For more great pasta dinner recipes, check out our collection of Easy Pasta Recipes: 31 Best Pasta Recipes with Chicken, Beef, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.