Quick and Easy Macaroni and Cheese
- COOK TIME
- 32 Min
There's nothing like homemade macaroni and cheese, and this easy comfort food favorite is the best way we know to make your family and company feel welcome.
What You'll Need:
8 ounces large elbow macaroni, cooked
1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
cup homemade soft, coarse bread crumbs, made from French bread, lightly toasted (see Notes)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased broiler-proof 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly. Set oven to Broil. Stir together bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Broil 5-1/2" from heat for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until lightly browned.
- To make homemade bread crumbs, process bread slices in a food processor or blender. It takes about 2 slices of bread to make 1 cup of soft bread crumbs.
- You can easily lighten up this recipe by substituting a few ingredients: Use reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup, light mayonnaise, and fat-free milk.
- If you like this recipe, then you're gonna love our collection of 11 tasty and quick easy dinner recipes!
- Quick and Easy Macaroni and Cheese made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
09 19 14