Chinese Almond Rounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 cookies
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Our melt-in-your mouth version of the traditional style Chinese almond butter cookies taste as good as the ones you'd find in a Chinese restaurant. These yummy soft cookies with a crunchy almond in the middle are shaped like a coin and supposed to bring good luck. They'll surely bring you raves.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole shelled almonds
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, combine 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, butter, egg, water, and almond extract; blend well. Gradually add flour, blending on low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly with a glass then evenly sprinkle with sugar; press a whole almond firmly into center of each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until firm to the touch but not brown. Do not overbake. Immediately remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!
- Lemon Coconut Clouds
- Old World Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes: 5 Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Karen's Buttery Sugar Cookies
- Turtle Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Tutu's Hawaiian Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies