Open Faced Strawberry Cheese Danish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever made danish from scratch? It's a pretty long process, so we created this easy open-faced version using buttermilk biscuits, cream cheese, and jam. Now we can enjoy danish straight from the oven, without spending hours in the kitchen.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Separate each biscuit into two halves by gently pulling apart. Place each biscuit half in a muffin cup and press against the bottom and sides to form a crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth. Spoon into crusts and top evenly with preserves.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Allow to cool slightly then serve warm.
For a nutty cheese danish, replace the strawberry preserves with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!