Open Faced Strawberry Cheese Danish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever made danish from scratch? It's a pretty long process, so we created this easy open-faced version using buttermilk biscuits, cream cheese, and jam. Now we can enjoy danish straight from the oven, without spending hours in the kitchen.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Separate each biscuit into two halves by gently pulling apart. Place each biscuit half in a muffin cup and press against the bottom and sides to form a crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth. Spoon into crusts and top evenly with preserves.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. Allow to cool slightly then serve warm.
For a nutty cheese danish, replace the strawberry preserves with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.