Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Easy Cheesy Cherry Danish is a nostalgic recipe that will give you a warm feeling after just one bite. Indulge in the sweet flavors while memories of yesteryear come back, because this Danish recipe, is just like the ones you used to get as a kid. Now, you can share this with your own family and make new memories that'll last a lifetime.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Flour for dusting
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Open package of crescent rolls but do not unroll them. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 8 even slices (as if you were making slice and bake cookies). Lay each slice on the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between pieces. Using the bottom of a drinking glass, flatten each slice. Lightly dust each with flour and using your fingers (lightly flour them), build up the edges slightly. The center of each Danish should be flattened slightly so that each looks like a shallow bowl.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Evenly dollop mixture in center of each Danish, then top each with a teaspoonful of cherry pie filling.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over each Danish and top with sliced almonds, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Download our free eCookbook for these delicious Classic Cakes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 195
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 262mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
Farmer's Breakfast Bake
Fried Cornmeal Mush
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
Breakfast in a Mug
Fun-to-Share Breakfast Nachos
Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
Potato Tot Breakfast Bake
Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole