Apple Custard Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 30 Min
Simple yet elegant, this layered apple custard pie offers a tasty and creamy twist on the traditional.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, heated until very warm
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place apple slices in a medium bowl. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg and toss mixture with the apples. Arrange evenly in bottom of crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat in milk. Pour mixture over apples.
- Carefully place pie on rack in center of oven. Bake about 30 minutes, or until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate, loosely covered, until firm, several hours or overnight.
For easier slicing, use a thin-bladed knife. Wipe knife with clean damp towel, or rinse knife under warm water, after each cut.
- Refrigerate any leftover pie promptly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?
- Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Awesome Blueberry Pie
- Two-Minute Hawaiian Pie
- 74 Easy Pie Recipes, Plus 5 Homemade Pie Crusts
- Impossible Chocolate Cream Pie
- Sinful Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- Crustless Lemon Cream Pie
- "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More