Traditional Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Servings
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
There is no pie more classic or more beloved than the Traditional Apple Pie. For a guaranteed hit, this is the pie for you!
What You'll Need:
- 8 baking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thick slices (see Note)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pie crust
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except pie crust; toss to coat apples well. Pour apple mixture into pie shell; place second piece of dough over filling, as directed; seal by pinching edges together.
Using a sharp paring knife, cut 6 small slits in center of pie top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden.
You can cut the apples thinner or thicker depending on your preference.
- For a golden top that looks truly old-fashioned, brush the top crust with 2 teaspoons milk and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar before baking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!