Sherry Glazed Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 55 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr
You'll be the toast of the town when you turn up the flavor on your holiday ham with our scrumptious special recipe. Sherry Glazed ham is an easy way to turn ho-hum into wow!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7- to 9-pound) hickory smoked ham
- 1 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine. Brush half the glaze over ham.
- Roast ham, uncovered, 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. Brush remaining glaze over ham halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine, Dijon mustard, orange juice, and raisins; mix well and cook sauce over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Serve sauce over sliced ham.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!