Georgia Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is a great make-ahead dessert for home entertaining. At serving time you can relax - the pressure is off!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 1/3 tablespoons (1/3 cup) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9 slices white bread with crusts, cut into cubes
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix sugar, evaporated and whole milk, and egg yolks. Add melted butter, raisins, vanilla extract, and spices; mix well. Add bread cubes and toss to saturate bread. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake 25 minutes until pudding is lightly browned and set. Let cool before cutting. (The pudding will get firmer and be easier to cut when cool.) Cut into squares; reheat slightly in microwave before serving, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
- Easy Pudding Shake
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Cookie Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Kentucky Bourbon Parfaits
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- S'more Pudding
- Strawberry Trifle