Georgia Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Georgia's known for having some of the most amazing desserts the South has to offer and this Georgia Bread Pudding is no exception. There's just something irresistible about the combination of butter, vanilla, a few warm spices, and some raisins. Just the smell of it baking could make a person want to grab a spoon and dig in!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 1/3 tablespoons (1/3 cup) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9 slices white bread with crusts, cut into cubes
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix sugar, evaporated and whole milk, and egg yolks. Add melted butter, raisins, vanilla extract, and spices; mix well. Add bread cubes and toss to saturate bread. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake 25 minutes until pudding is lightly browned and set. Let cool before cutting. (The pudding will get firmer and be easier to cut when cool.) Cut into squares; reheat slightly in microwave before serving, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Creamy Rice Pudding
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Donut Bread Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Very Banana Pudding
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Creamy Rice and Apple Pudding