Georgia Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Georgia's known for having some of the most amazing desserts the South has to offer and this Georgia Bread Pudding is no exception. There's just something irresistible about the combination of butter, vanilla, a few warm spices, and some raisins. Just the smell of it baking could make a person want to grab a spoon and dig in!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 1/3 tablespoons (1/3 cup) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9 slices white bread with crusts, cut into cubes
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix sugar, evaporated and whole milk, and egg yolks. Add melted butter, raisins, vanilla extract, and spices; mix well. Add bread cubes and toss to saturate bread. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake 25 minutes until pudding is lightly browned and set. Let cool before cutting. (The pudding will get firmer and be easier to cut when cool.) Cut into squares; reheat slightly in microwave before serving, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!
- Miss Hudson's Banana Pudding
- Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
- Traditional English Pudding Dessert
- Yam Banana Pudding
- Classic Rice Pudding
- The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More!
- Caramel Bread Pudding
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
- Black and White Napoleon Pudding