Warm Honey Walnut Dressing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like homemade salad dressing, and this warm honey walnut dressing, with the surprise of sweet dark cherries, takes the prize for a tangy and sweet flavor combination that's guaranteed to please.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 2 heads Boston, Bibb, or romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (17-ounce) can sweet dark pitted cherries, drained
What To Do:
- Place oil and walnuts in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until nuts are slightly brown.
- Add honey, maple syrup, and Italian dressing; reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, until hot, stirring frequently.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Top with cherries.
If you'd like, you can substitute grapes, dried cranberries, dried cherries, or apple slices for the canned cherries.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.