Grilled PB & M
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't miss the jelly when you taste this warm and melty twist on a classic peanut butter sandwich that gets its richness from another kid-pleasing favorite, marshmallow creme. Grilled PB & M will be your new favorite sandwich!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 8 slices egg bread
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided (see Note)
What To Do:
- Spread the marshmallow creme evenly over 4 slices of bread.
- Spread the peanut butter over the remaining 4 slices of bread and place peanut butter-side down over the other slices to make sandwiches. Using 1 tablespoon butter, evenly coat the tops of the sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Place the sandwiches buttered-side up in the skillet and grill for about 1 minute.
- Turn the sandwiches over and grill for 1 more minute, or until golden. Serve immediately.
Some people say these taste better cooked in unsalted butter, but to me it doesn't matter; I like the slightly salty flavor of regular butter. If you want to get really adventurous, add some sliced bananas to the sandwiches. The kids'll love it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!