Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 55 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
We've poured rich chocolate ganache over layers of smooth, creamy peanut butter, and moist chocolate cake to make this easy dessert showstopper. It's what dreams are made of, which is why we call it our Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped peanut butter cup candies
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Beat in sour cream. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely. Slice each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, milk, and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Place 1 cake layer on platter and spread one-quarter of frosting on top. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting and finish with frosting on top; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place chocolate chips. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Let cool 25 to 30 minutes in refrigerator, or until ganache begins to thicken. Pour ganache over cake and let drizzle down sides. Sprinkle with chopped candies and refrigerate 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
And if you're looking for some more holiday dessert ideas, you'll wanna check out our Black Forest Cake Roll!
For more to-die-for cake recipes, be sure to check out our collection page, 39 To-Die-For Recipes With Cake Mix!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 700
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42g 65 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 96 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 11g 23 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 512mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 56g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Mashed potatoes always offer stick-to-your-ribs comfort, and our Mashed Potato Casserole is a new twist on a family favorite side dish recipe. This potato casserole is extra-rich and creamy thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Your spuds will never be duds if you make 'em this way!