Lightning Quick Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our easy Split Pea Soup pressure cooker recipe makes lightning quick work of the tastes of a long-cooked thick and hearty split pea soup. To enjoy every last drop team it with our homemade Parsley Garlic Rolls.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package split peas
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 cups water
What To Do:
- Place all ingredients in a 6-quart pressure cooker; mix well. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water. When pressure is completely reduced, remove lid and bay leaf; stir and serve immediately.
If using an electric pressure cooker, set timer to 10 minutes on soup setting or refer to owner's manual for specific instructions.
Don't have a pressure cooker? No problem! Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally until peas are tender.
Bake a hot -out -of -the oven batch of our Parsley Garlic Rolls to team with this hearty soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.