Pizza Zucchini Boats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get your finicky eaters to eagerly eat their veggies with our delicious Pizza Zucchini Boats. This recipe delivers an "everybody loves it" pizza taste sure to sail off their plates!
What You'll Need:
- 4 zucchini or yellow squash (two of each preferred)
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
In a large skillet, cook sausage and diced squash over medium heat 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon during cooking. Drain mixture and place in a medium bowl. Add drained tomatoes, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and salt; mix well.
Fill squash halves with sausage mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is heated through. Serve immediately.
How about serving this up with our crunchy Caesar Salad for a complete meal!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!