Corn, Okra, and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is fresh, fresh, FRESH and so, so yummy! Corn Okra and Tomatoes are a great combo for a dish full of texture, flavor, and ooh it's so good!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 2-1/2 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until tender, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add corn kernels, okra, salt, and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- Raid your garden or the corner market for this savory summer side dish. And remember, the fresher the better when you're making a veggie dish such as this. Vegetables lose flavor and nutrients when they sit in the fridge!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!