Corn, Okra, and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
This dish is fresh, fresh, FRESH and so, so yummy! Corn Okra and Tomatoes are a great combo for a dish full of texture, flavor, and ooh it's so good!
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob (about 2-1/2 cups kernels) (see Note)
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until tender, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add corn kernels, okra, salt, and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- To remove corn from the cob, cut wide end so it stands up, then using a sharp knife or corn stripper, cut off the kernels.
- Raid your garden or the corner market for this savory summer side dish. And remember, the fresher the better when you're making a veggie dish such as this. Vegetables lose flavor and nutrients when they sit in the fridge!