We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know you could turn a head of cauliflower into a tasty flatbread? There's no magic needed to make our recipe for Cauliflower Flatbread. This diabetic-friendly flatbread is unbelievably good. We think it's the cheese and pesto sauce that really makes this recipe extra delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 2 cups (8-ounce) fat-free, shredded, mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower in a microwaveable bowl, cover, and microwave 5 minutes, or until soft; let cool slightly.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor or blender and process until it reaches the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, 1 cup cheese, the eggs, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Spread mixture in a 1/2-inch-thick layer on baking sheet. Top with remaining cheese and drizzle with pesto sauce.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
- Top this amazing "flatbread" with thin slices of grape or cherry tomatoes to add a pop of color and a touch of freshness.
- This recipe comes from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen's Guilt-Free Weeknight Favorites published by the American Diabetes Association. To order your own copy of the book, just click here!
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!