Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Incredibly light and fluffy, Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits will simply melt in your mouth, just like Grandma's biscuits always did!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups self-rising flour, plus more for rolling out
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and sugar; mix well. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut shortening into flour mixture until crumbly. Add buttermilk and stir just until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface; using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut into round biscuits and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until light golden. Serve warm, or remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve these with a little butter for the perfect addition to breakfast...or any meal, for that matter!
Looking for more recipes with buttermilk? Our Best Buttermilk Recipes: 12 Recipes with Buttermilk can help you!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!