Italian Pull Apart Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Salty prosciutto (Italian ham) and butter dot every bite-size piece of this savory bread. Enjoy it with a crispy green salad.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces coarsely chopped prosciutto (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Slice bread cutting to, but not through, bottom in a crisscross fashion, making a diamond pattern down the loaf of bread.
- Combine butter and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Spread butter mixture between bread slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. To serve, pull apart bread pieces.