Chocolate Zucchini Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're going to love this recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread! Made with your favorite summertime squash (that we always seem to have a ton of), we add in some cocoa, cinnamon, and chopped pecans to make a healthier bread recipe that's a chocoholics delight! Trust us, this is a recipe you're going to want again and again!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 (9- x 5-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir zucchini mixture into flour mixture, then divide mixture evenly between loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a rack then remove from pans. Let cool completely before slicing.
Test Kitchen Tip
- While this is super scrumptious on its own, you can add another layer of amazing flavor by smearing on some softened cream cheese.
- Need more zucchini recipes? You'll absolutely love our All-Star Zucchini, or if you're feeling like a snack, try our Baked Zucchini Chips!
- For more sweet bread recipes, try our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread or this Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread! Talk about yum!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more yummy chocolate recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.