Oniony Bread Bites
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're going to love the taste of the caramelized onions in our easy homemade wedges of Oniony Bread Bites. Why opt for store-bought when homemade is so hassle-free?
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 3 tablespoons melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 15 to 20 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit baking mix, milk, and the remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter; mix well until a stiff dough forms.
- Press into the baking dish then cover with the caramelized onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and egg; mix well and pour over the onions. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is set and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly then cut into squares and serve warm.
How long you cook the onions depends on how caramelized you like them. I like them very browned, but they're also good lightly sautéed.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.