Really Italian Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 to 30 appetizer servings
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
We've dressed up our classic Italian bread with a few extras to create our Really Italian Bread. Bring your appetite, 'cause this appetizer delivers!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon bottled garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place bread, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; set aside. Mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle mixture over sliced bread. Sprinkle bread with scallions and tomato, then top with cheese.
- Bake in upper half of oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese melts and edges of bread brown. Cut into 1" pieces and serve garnished with chopped sweet pepper or fresh herbs if desired.
Instead of a loaf of Italian bread you can try this with a couple of submarine rolls if that's what you've got on hand. It'll be just as crunchy scrumptious.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.