Banana Shortcakes with Candied Nuts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a scrumptious dessert! Wait til you see the magic that takes place when you pair shortcut frozen biscuits with yummy banana-whipped cream and praline topping and call it Banana Shortcakes with Candied Nuts!
What You'll Need
- 6 large frozen biscuits
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 small bananas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped Southern praline-style pecans (see Note)
What to Do
- Brush frozen biscuit tops with melted butter; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, slice bananas, and toss with lemon juice. Place half banana slices in small bowl, and mash until smooth; reserve remaining banana slices.
- Beat whipping cream and remaining sugar in medium bowl at high speed with an electric beater until stiff peaks form. Fold in mashed banana and reserved banana slices.
- To serve, split warm biscuits, and spoon banana cream evenly on bottom halves. Sprinkle with chopped praline-style pecans, and replace tops.
We used praline-style pecans as a topping for these shortcakes, but feel free to substitute other candied nuts or toffee bits as you desire.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 538
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 6.5g 13 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 782mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 60g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"