Mom-Mom's Apple Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
This recipe for Mom-Mom's Apple Cake comes from our Test Kitchen photographer, Kelly. It was from her grandmother's recipe box, or as she called her, "Mom-Mom". This tasty treat is made with fresh ingredients and cozy comforts, making it one of our favorites.
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 apples
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with flour and set aside. Core, peel, and slice apples, then place in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs well; add sugar, oil, orange juice, and vanilla, beating well after each ingredient. Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Pour 1/3 batter into pan. Dry apples thoroughly, then layer 1/2 over batter, and sprinkle with 1/3 topping. Repeat with another layer. Add remaining batter, and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 65 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool about 2 hours, then invert onto a platter. Sprinkle with Topping and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.