Mom-Mom's Apple Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
This recipe for Mom-Mom's Apple Cake comes from our Test Kitchen photographer, Kelly. It was from her grandmother's recipe box, or as she called her, "Mom-Mom". This tasty treat is made with fresh ingredients and cozy comforts, making it one of our favorites.
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 apples
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with flour and set aside. Core, peel, and slice apples, then place in a bowl of cold water to prevent browning.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs well; add sugar, oil, orange juice, and vanilla, beating well after each ingredient. Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Pour 1/3 batter into pan. Dry apples thoroughly, then layer 1/2 over batter, and sprinkle with 1/3 topping. Repeat with another layer. Add remaining batter, and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 65 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool about 2 hours, then invert onto a platter. Sprinkle with Topping and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 492
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 5.5g 11 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 244mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 74g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.