Fastest Corned Beef & Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional Irish dish with a lot of history behind it, and while we really like eating it on St. Patrick's Day, this one-pot, comfort food is good any day. In fact, our Fastest Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe is great for those in-a-hurry weeknight dinners!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound) uncooked corned beef with pickling spices and liquid
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker, place corned beef with cooking spices and liquid; add 2 cups water.
- Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release. Remove corned beef and place on cutting board; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining water and remaining ingredients to pressure cooker. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 4 minutes. Perform a natural release.
- With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to a serving platter. Slice corned beef against grain and serve with vegetables.
- If using an electric pressure cooker, prepare as directed above except:
- In step 2, set timer for 60 minutes.
- In step 3, set timer for 4 minutes.
- No pressure cooker? No problem! We've got a great recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage you're gonna love! Just click here!
- Need more recipes to complete your St. Patrick's Day menu? Click here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,002
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51g 79 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 82 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 60g 120 %
- Cholesterol 184mg 61 %
- Sodium 4,592mg 191 %
- Total Carbohydrates 76g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 18g 70 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!