The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
This chocolate cake might come out differently every time you make it -- sometimes it might even fall in a bit in the center -- that's what makes it "Whacky Cake"!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in an ungreased square 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Make three wells in the mixture. Pour vanilla extract into first well, vinegar into the second and vegetable oil into the third. Pour the water over the entire mixture; mix well.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It's extra special when garnished with a dollop or two of whipped chocolate frosting.
Double all amounts if using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Braised Mediterranean Beef
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!