We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This chocolate cake might come out differently every time you make it -- sometimes it might even fall in a bit in the center -- that's what makes it "Whacky Cake"!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in an ungreased square 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Make three wells in the mixture. Pour vanilla extract into first well, vinegar into the second and vegetable oil into the third. Pour the water over the entire mixture; mix well.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It's extra special when garnished with a dollop or two of whipped chocolate frosting.
Double all amounts if using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.