We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This chocolate cake might come out differently every time you make it -- sometimes it might even fall in a bit in the center -- that's what makes it "Whacky Cake"!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in an ungreased square 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Make three wells in the mixture. Pour vanilla extract into first well, vinegar into the second and vegetable oil into the third. Pour the water over the entire mixture; mix well.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It's extra special when garnished with a dollop or two of whipped chocolate frosting.
Double all amounts if using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.