We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This chocolate cake might come out differently every time you make it -- sometimes it might even fall in a bit in the center -- that's what makes it "Whacky Cake"!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in an ungreased square 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Make three wells in the mixture. Pour vanilla extract into first well, vinegar into the second and vegetable oil into the third. Pour the water over the entire mixture; mix well.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It's extra special when garnished with a dollop or two of whipped chocolate frosting.
Double all amounts if using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!