Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Simply spiced with just a little bit of cinnamon and a touch of vanilla, these Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are a treat that everyone will enjoy. These are great for packing into school lunch boxes or setting out after dinner with glasses of milk. Just be prepared to have to refill your cookie jar often!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats (quick cooking or old fashioned)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in oats, mix well.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons dough onto baking sheet, about 2-inches apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Love the canister we've stored our cookies in? If so, then you should check out the new storage essentials in our Mr. Food Test Kitchen Everyday-Basic Collection and buy all your favorites!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 208
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 43mg 14 %
- Sodium 211mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!