Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You've heard about the wonders of this fall favorite, but now, it's time to experience it for yourself. Introducing, our "Quick & Easy" fall recipe for Baked Apples! When you've come back from the orchard with your basket full of freshly picked apples, turn 'em into a tasty dessert with this simple recipe. Serve 'em over some vanilla ice cream or eat 'em as is. These baked apples are a hit every time!
What You'll Need
- 6 Granny Smith, Cortland, Golden Delicious, or other baking apples
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Core the apples three fourths of the way through, leaving the bottoms intact. Score each apple horizontally around the middle to allow for expansion during baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, reserving 1 teaspoon of the mixture. Spoon the remaining mixture evenly into the cored centers of the apples, then press 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter over each. Place the apples open end up into an 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved teaspoon of the sugar mixture evenly over the tops of the apples.
- Place the water in the bottom of the baking dish, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the apples can be pierced easily with a fork.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love to make pancakes from scratch, then you'll love our Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes! These easy pancakes are going to make breakfast time that much sweeter! The juicy blueberries, and perfectly creamy cream cheese make these pancakes the most decadent breakfast ever served.