Frosty Cantaloupe Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the secret to making our frosty cantaloupe soup so creamy? The secret "scoop" is the vanilla ice cream, and your gang is gonna love this cold fruit soup!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized ripe cantaloupe, chunked (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- Half of a 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrated, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Fresh mint leaves
What to Do
- Process cantaloupe chunks, ice cream, honey, and orange juice concentrate in a food processor until smooth, in batches if necessary; transfer to a large pitcher or serving bowl. Cover mixture, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, gently stir in the ginger ale. Garnish individual servings with fresh mint leaves.
- For variety, you might want to make Honeydew Soup. Simply chunk up half of a large honeydew instead of a cantaloupe, and instead of orange juice concentrate, use half of a thawed 6-ounce can of frozen limeade concentrate.
- If you're looking for more chilled soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.