Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Marsala Poached Pears
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With fresh pears easily available at any time of the year, this elegant poached dessert, laced with Marsala wine, can be served up in no time whenever you want to make a great impression.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 4 pears, peeled
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and wine. Cook over low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is simmering, stirring constantly.
- Stand the pears up in the pan, cover, and cook for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the thickest part of the pears pierces easily, turning the pears occasionally. Remove the pears to a shallow dish and set aside, leaving the liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mixture reaches a syrupy consistency. Pour the syrup over the pears and chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
It's also great to serve these warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream and some warm syrup over it all. It makes an unbeatable double treat!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.
- Cranberry-Pecan Relish
- Apple Pie Toast
- Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples
- Mojito Fruit Salad
- 50+ Easy Apple Recipes: What to Make With Apples
- 22 Easy Peach Recipes You Can't Miss!
- Farm Stand Fruit Dip
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Waldorf Gelatin
- Watermelon Patch Shortcake