Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Adding cinnamon candies to pears is a unique idea that your guests probably haven't tried before. Poached Pears has just the right amount of sweetness after a heavy meal.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup red-hot cinnamon candies
- 3 cups apple cider
- 4 large pears, peeled (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt the cinnamon candies in the apple cider over medium heat.
- Add the pears and spoon the sauce over them, coating completely. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally and basting with the sauce.
- Serve warm with the sauce spooned over the pears, or allow to cool and chill in the sauce until ready to serve.
To make sure the pears will stand up when being served, slice a small piece off the bottom of each one before poaching.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.