How to Brine a Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing better than the taste of a juicy and flavorful turkey, especially during the big holidays, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. What some people don't know is that brining a turkey actually helps it to retain moisture and flavor, resulting in a tastier bird on your table at dinnertime. Unfortunately, some people have the idea that turkey brining is difficult to do and skip out on it. Well, we're here to let you know otherwise! Brining a turkey is actually very simple and very worth it. Check out our video and instructions to learn how to brine a turkey. Once you've sampled the flavor of a brined turkey, you'll never prepare a turkey any other way!
How to Brine a Turkey
- Make sure you start off with a clean and prepared turkey. You'll want to remove the neck and giblets, and tuck in the legs and wings before brining a turkey.
- Place the turkey in a large bucket, pot, or brining bag.
- Fill the bucket, pot, or brining bag with water. Add herbs, seasonings, and any other flavor components. You can check out recipe for Easy Turkey Brine for a tasty idea. Don't worry about chopping your veggies super small; they're only being used in the marinade.
- Make sure the turkey is totally submerged in the brine before placing it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. If you don't have a refrigerator large enough to accomodate the the turkey brine, then you can try brining the turkey inside a clean cooler (be sure to watch the video for tips on how to do this!).
- After 24 hours, or whatever time you'd like the turkey to brine for, you can drain, roast, and enjoy!
Now that you know how easy brining a turkey is, we hope you'll check out our other turkey tips:
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.