How to Roast a Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time for the most daunting Thanksgiving task... roasting a turkey! You've picked, thawed and prepped your glorious bird, but roasting it is what separates the good from the exceptional! No more dry and bland turkey. No more struggle!
We're here to help you make the most mouthwatering and flavorful roasted turkey your table has ever seen. Our step-by-step instructions on how to roast a turkey will eliminate all the guesswork and you'll begin to wonder why roastin' that big ol' turkey was ever intimidating in the first place. Don't be surprised when Tom-the-Turkey is golden-brown and crisp to perfection because we've got you covered! Happy roastin', friends!
Check out our video and tips on how to roast a turkey. Once you learn how easy it is, in no time at all, you'll be sayin', "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!®"
How to Roast a Turkey
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Make sure to remove an oven rack to ensure the turkey will not touch the top heating element.
2. Place the turkey in a roasting pan and season.* Place vegetables such as onions, celery and carrots into the center of the turkey. These vegetables are just for flavor and will not be eaten. Put some pats of butter between the skin and breast meat of the turkey to make it extra juicy!
3. Baste the turkey. Use a brush to completely cover the turkey with basting liquid. Place the basting liquid in the refrigerator when done.
4. Place the turkey in the oven at high temperature to sear and then lower temperature to roast. Cook at 400 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 325 degrees F to roast for the remaining time. Use your thermometer to make sure the bird is cooked!
5. Re-baste the turkey half-way through the cooking time. If the skin starts to brown too much take a piece of foil and loosely cover the top of the turkey so it doesn't over-cook.
Now that you know how easy it is to roast a turkey, why not try your hand at making some of these Thanksgiving recipes? Plus, learn How to Carve a Turkey.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!
- How to Cut Up a Whole Chicken
- How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets
- How To Make Glaze
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Make Spaghetti Squash
- How to Cut a Pineapple
- How to Cut a Watermelon
- How to Keep Apples from Turning Brown and Apple Storage Tips
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How to Carve a Turkey