How to Carve a Pumpkin
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Happy Halloween, folks! It's the season of tricks, treats and everything pumpkin. These orange cousins of a melon make creative and fun decorations during this most festive season. Carving a pumpkin is a staple Halloween activity! If you're inexperienced, or just not that skilled at carving pumpkins then let us walk you through our fool-proof way of how to carve a pumpkin. It's simple and anyone can do it! You just need a little creativity. Why not make a party out of it? All you need for your Carve Party is friends, food, a few supplies (don't forget to mention it's B.Y.O.P) and we'll handle the rest!
Check out our video and tips on how to carve a pumpkin. Once you learn how easy it is you're house will be decked out for the trick-or-treaters!
- Choose a nice big pumpkin. Make sure it is a carving pumpkin and not for eating. Wipe the pumpkin with a wet cloth to remove all that pumpkin patch dirt and make sure to dry it off!
- Draw on a creative face! Use a permanent marker to draw whatever face you'd like. Whether scary or funny make sure it's all positioned correctly!
- Cut off the top. Make sure to cut at an angle so the top sits on the pumpkin like a lid. Cut the stringy parts off the top's underside.
- Scrap out the insides! Use a spoon or store-bought scooper to remove all the gooey insides and seeds. This is the most fun part! Save the seeds to roast later.
- Cut out the face. A serrated knife is safest and works best to help you follow along your drawn lines. Be careful no to cut yourself!
- Light a small candle and place it inside. Prepare to be scared!
Your Halloween party is sure to shape up to be the talk of the neighborhood when you serve our adorable Pumpkin Cheese Ball to your ghoulish guests. This pumpkin-shaped party appetizer will have everyone wanting to "haunt" you down for your recipe.
Monsters will flock to your spirited gathering when the word gets out that you're serving our crunchy Monster Mix. This spooky snack mix filled with salty favorites will leave them spellbound!
Crunchy, sticky, sweet...this recipe for Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls has got it all! It's sure to please everyone at your Halloween party, from the gourmands to the sugar-happy kids!
Get tangled up in our creepy-crawly Spiderweb Spread by dipping and dunking your favorite chips into this zesty south-of-the-border party spread that guarantees a web of excitement in every bite.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What happens when you take a stuffed chicken recipe and combine it with a muffin tin recipe? You get our irresistible Stuffed Chicken Muffins! This dish is filled with a delicious cheesy Italian-style filling that everyone will love.