Pumpkin Cheese Ball
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Your Halloween party is sure to shape up to be the talk of the neighborhood when you serve our adorable Pumpkin Cheese Ball to your ghoulish guests. This pumpkin-shaped party appetizer will have everyone wanting to "haunt" you down for your recipe.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely crushed cheese-flavored crackers
- 2 gherkin pickles, for garnish
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, dry mustard, pepper sauce, and scallions; mix until well combined. Cover and chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Form cheese mixture into the shape of a pumpkin. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Roll cheese ball in crumbs, covering entire surface. Place on serving plate.
- Place one pickle on top to form pumpkin stem. Slice remaining pickle to decorate face (see photo). Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
Serve with your favorite crackers or thin slices of French bread.