How to Shuck Corn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've ever been to the grocery store during corn season, you've probably seen the bins overflowing with corn tightly wrapped up in their bright green husks. The husks can be a little messy, so some folks prefer to shuck 'em right at the store. If you like cooking with fresh corn, but feel like shucking is a struggle, we've got some great tips on how you can do it quickly and easily! The next time you go to the grocery store to buy fresh corn, we bet you'll be the one giving out pointers.
Don’t worry if you don’t know the first thing about how to shuck corn. Shucking corn is easy with these simple steps from Howard. Check out the video to watch him in action!
- Peel the outer leaves of your corn husk until there is only one layer remaining.
- Grab the tassels on one side of the corn and pull down firmly. You should hear it zip! Repeat on the other side until you have exposed all of the corn
- Using a firm grip and a bit of elbow grease, snap the ear of corn off of the shank (the knobby part at the bottom).
- Using a brush or a damp towel, remove the remaining bits of silk from the ear. You may not get all of them, and that’s OK! It’s all a part of the corn on the cob experience.
That’s all! Now you have a beautiful piece of sweet corn ready to be transformed into Corn ‘n’ Black Bean Salsa, Fresh Corn Cakes, Corn on the Cob with Bacon and Herb Butter, or any number of our other fresh corn recipes!
Did you know avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and mono- and polyunsaturated good fats? And, since one-fifth of an avocado, a typical serving, has only 50 calories, using avocados in this lively salsa is a healthy eating idea.
We always say that we eat with our eyes. We know this is true because our tummies will sure be rumbling once we see how colorful this Corn 'n' Black Bean Salsa is.
Garden-fresh corn on the cob is the key to making these awesome Fresh Corn Cakes. Whether you serve these as is for a novel veggie side dish, or drizzled with a bit of honey for brunch, you can't go wrong.
Bring home the bacon and wrap some corn on the cob with the smoky flavors that are all the rage today. Our novel-tasting Corn on the Cob with Bacon and Herbed Butter will have everyone smiling from ear to ear!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How To: Bread Chicken Cutlets
- How to Slice an Onion
- How to Make Caramel Sauce
- How to Make Ganache
- Frosty the Snowman Dip
- How to Make Frosting
- How To: Cook Bacon in the Microwave
- How to Make Hard-Boiled Eggs
- How to Peel an Egg
- How to Cook a Burger: Tips & Tricks for Flavorful, Juicy Burgers Every Time