How to: Fry Bacon
How To: Fry Bacon
- Place bacon into a cool pan. It's okay if the bacon touches or overlaps a little; the strips will shrink as they cook!
- Cook it low and slow! Turn the heat of your stove on low, and be patient. Perfect bacon takes time!
- When frying bacon, it's a good idea to use a splatter screen, as shown in the video, to prevent any messes in the kitchen or accidents with hot grease.
- Flip your bacon. You'll want to flip your bacon a few times to make sure it's cooking evenly. Repeat till bacon has reached your prefered level of doneness.
- Make sure the bacon is cooked all the way through before serving.
- Don't want your bacon sitting in grease? Or just want to cut down on splatter? Remove the grease from your pan with a basting tool and deposit it into a separate bowl for safe keeping. (Save your bacon drippings in a separate container for cooking in the future!)
- Let the bacon drain on a paper towel. After removing the bacon from your pan, place it on a paper towel covered plate so that the grease can drain.
Ever wonder if there was a secret to frying bacon perfectly? Need to know when the bacon is done, or how long to fry it? When to flip the bacon in the meantime? Well, we have the answers right here! Fried bacon is the cornerstone of a hearty breakfast, and a nice treat to include with any meal. Just break out that old skillet or frying pan, and pay attention. We'll teach you how to fry your bacon in a fast and easy way, to guarantee your bacon will be perfectly crispy and delicious everytime!
Read NextHow To Make Eggnog