Curried Lamb Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Indian-inspired dish is a true culinary delight. With recipes like this, nobody would ever think of stew as boring! Your whole gang will be asking for seconds of our Curried Lamb Stew.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless leg of lamb or lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and coarsely chopped (see Tip)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. sauté the lamb chunks and onions for 12 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is fork-tender.
Granny Smith apples are one of the best types to use for this because they're a little firmer and hold up well to heat.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!