One Pot Couscous
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy one-pot international favorite starts with bite-sized boneless leg of lamb chunks and pasta pearls known as couscous. One Pot Couscous cooks up into a flavorful, change-of-pace Moroccan-style lamb stew your gang is sure to enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds lamb stew meat or boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous (see Note)
What to Do
Coat a soup pot with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown the lamb, onion, and garlic 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the lamb.
Add crushed tomatoes, broth, mixed vegetables, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until lamb is fork-tender.
- Stir in couscous and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until couscous is tender.
Couscous can usually be found in the pasta and rice section of your supermarket.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.